A Place to Turn for Help
At some point in life, everyone needs a helping hand. Maybe it’s a life-changing situation, like illness, job loss, or the death of a loved one. Maybe it’s spiritual stress or a crisis of faith.
St. Bede offers services to help a wide variety of situations. Fr. Edward Bryce and St. Bede’s priests in residence offer spiritual counseling and guidance. They can refer people with specific medical or other issues to the appropriate professionals in those fields, including social service agencies.
Parish volunteers strive to serve in a variety of ways. St. Vincent de Paul, for example, helps with material needs, such as furniture, household goods and clothing. The Martha Ministry can provide hot meals in times of need, such as a major illness or a new baby. If you are a senior in need of help with traveling to and from appointments or Mass or maybe shopping for groceries, the Senior Outreach Program is there to offer the help you need. Additional information about groups that offer help can be found in the Get Involved section.
If you need help in some way, contact the St. Bede rectory. Your circumstances will be considered with confidentiality and discretion, reflecting our parish commitment to serve others as Jesus teaches us to do.
- Allegheny County Help in Hard Times
- Catholic Charities of Pittsburgh
- East End Cooperative Ministry
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Interfaith Hospitality Network for Homeless Families
- Knights of Columbus
- Port Authority ACCESS transportation
- Salvation Army of Western PA
- Senior Citizens Guide to Pittsburgh
- Squirrel Hill Food Pantry
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Women’s Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh